Thursday, September 05, 2013

The Productive Hiatus

It's been quite a while since I've written anything, but that is not to say I have been neglecting the hobby - quite the opposite, in fact.

In the last 3 or so months, I have purchased and assembled a Dark Vengeance box (I needed templates and wanted a portable rulebook, plus the models are quite nice as well so I figured it was a great value).

Also, I was lucky enough to find an Imperial Sector box online (with 20% off of GW price, no less) and so I am now the proud owner of some ruined city terrain! (WIP pics in another post)
Speaking of terrain, I also played around with some white styrofoam and my bread knife, creating another 5 hills/rocky outcroppings. I now have enough terrain to set up a standard table, which is nice as my goal is to suck som non-war gaming friends into the hobby. (WIP pics in another post as well)

Additionally, I have been reading up on Dropzone Commander a lot as well, and have decided to pick up their new 2 player Starter Box in the coming months. I figure its a great value, and the models/game mechanics really appeal to me.

Of course, in my usual OCD fashion, I started doing hours of research on creating a DZC table as well. I really loved the look of the ruined city featured in some of the promo pics and will eventually used that as my inspiration.

Glorious
However, my goal is to create a distinctly Japanese town/city, and researching N scale model train buildings from Japanese companies such as Greenmax, Kato and Tomix took up a fair bit of time. This project is a ways away, however, so the card stock buildings from the Starter set will have to make do in the meantime.

Finally, I completed the final touches to assembling my Grey Knights force, mainly drilling holes for pinning models to bases and base-coating. I decided to do a white "overspray" to help with shading. After over a year of mucking about, I can now start painting up my main army in earnest.

Will try and put up more updates as I get them done.

No comments:

Post a Comment