Friday, June 19, 2015

Another longer-than-anticipated absence...

Well, after a month and a half, I have finally come crawling back to my blog.

While life was particularly busy in May, I have since have had plenty of opportunity to update, yet decided to spend my time on other aspects of the hobby. Specifically, I finished painting my 5 converted Unsanctioned Psykers from the Grey KnightsInquisiton Codex. While the likelihood of me actually fielding these models is low, I feel I must still complete them as penance for my hobby sins (I.e. Buying a crap-tonne of models without painting any).

It was my first real foray into flesh tones and hair, and overall I am pretty happy with the look. Of course, the job took me double my estimated completion time to actually finish, but that's not new for me.

Pictures after the break.



I am pretty happy with how they turned out. The skin is a bit splotchy in some areas, but that was mainly my lack of effort to smooth everything out, since these are not high-priority models. The hair turned out quite well, overall, and I will add some of my recipes here for future reference.

(PAINT RATIOS HERE, future me)

Otherwise, things have been generally quiet on the hobby front. I have been spending too much of my monthly hobby dollars on comics, which is probably a good thing as it has prevented me from creating more of a painting backlog.

I will hopefully try and post a few other updates soon, one in particular outlining a recent game I had with my Eldar opponent, and perhaps some general thoughts on GW and their amphetamine-induced release schedule.

That's it!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! it's an Alladin post!!! Get some higher res photos up! I can't see the details!!! Want to see the mini'ssssssss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so lazy!!!! Will try, but no promises.

    ReplyDelete